- MK to Mongolia! By John & Myra Thomson It was the mid 1980s and we needed to move to England to find work. John was offered a job in Hemel Hempstead and we were house-hunting. Visiting friends in MK, Dave and Janet Coates, we saw the MKCC vision on their kitchen noticeboard. It was almost identical to the vision for the church we were leaving behind in Cumbernauld. So that was church sorted for us! We got involved in a number of activities – teaching English to the Eastern European students, running a home group, marriage course, discipleship course, etc. However, before moving down, God had given us the dream of going to Mongolia as missionaries. There was no established church there and how were the people going to hear the Gospel unless someone went to tell them? After a few years in MKCC, we began to feel God telling us it was time to make moves to go to Mongolia. Wayne Myers preached one morning – “If your dreams don’t frighten you, you aren’t dreaming big enough!” That message was definitely for us. We arranged to meet with George and Alan to discuss our vision. When we told George, his answer was, “Well, someone’s got to go!” and that was it for us. MKCC backed our decision to visit Mongolia in 1989, although at that time it was effectively closed to all mission work. Then, in 1990, world politics turned on its head, the Berlin Wall fell, and many changes happened in all the Soviet-controlled countries. Early in January, 1991, we moved out to Mongolia and were there for the next six years. Mongolia was classed as “severe hardship” because of its isolation (the only communication was by telex!), extreme temperatures ranging from +30 to -42 and a severe shortage of food. MKCC were superb. They provided us with a return ticket each year and brought us home to rest and recuperate each summer, they phoned us each Christmas, they sent us barrels of food, they visited us twice and they were happy to receive regular updates from us telling what it was really like in that mission field. We were the envy of most of the missionaries in the country because of the treatment we got from our home church. We are pleased to report that now there are many active churches in Mongolia, a strong joint mission that has been working in the country for 27 years and Mongolian churches are now sending out missionaries to other countries – including some which are closed to western missions. Praise God for His faithfulness! Search for: Tags40 Days of Prayer Baptism Children Discovery Kids First Time India Konnect Life Groups LightForce Ministry Mission Next Steps Uganda Categories 40 Days of Prayer Devotions GoOnMissions News Share Your MKCC Story Click Here 40 Years Vision 40 Contact Donate Our Story Our Church On Mission Our Year Go On Mission #ForMiltonKeynes 40 Foundation Sensory Suite Pray Grace Filled Core Love Does Stories Your Stories Share Your Story Gallery Photos © 2019 Milton Keynes Christian Centre Church Continue reading →
We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
‘Cookies’ are used to provide aggregated statistics on visitors to our websites and their browsing behaviour. This enables us to order the site to make customers’ journeys easier, and if necessary make improvements. The data is aggregated and anonymised, which means we cannot identify you as an individual.
By using the website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
Information We Collect
In operating our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website, such as when you registered for information or make a purchase.
- Information provided to us when you communicate with us for any reason.
Use of Your Information
The information that we collect and store relating to you is primarily used to enable us to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information requested from us, relating to our products or services. To provide information on other products which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information.
- To meet our contractual commitments to you.
- To notify you about any changes to our website, such as improvements or service/product changes, that may affect our service.
If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Storing Your Personal Data
Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into on our site will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically and transmission of such data is therefore entirely at your own risk. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Disclosing Your Information
Where applicable, we may disclose your personal information to any member of our group. This includes, where applicable, our subsidiaries, our holding company and its other subsidiaries (if any).
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Where we are legally required to disclose your information.
- To assist fraud protection and minimise credit risk.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for any other reason.
Third Party Links
You mind find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Access To Information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Please note that any demand for access may be subject to payment of a fee of £10 which covers our costs in providing you with the information requested. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below.